Sunday, November 27, 2011

Self Reflection- Sierra Williams

Overall my first semester experience at Howard was an eye opener. It took some adjusting to but as time went on, I really grasped how to attempt to handle the work load, social life etc. Freshman Seminar has really taught me things that I can honestly say I didn’t know before. I learned a great amount of history about the African American, African, Caribbean and related cultures. I think it is important for people to learn and I like the idea of “mbongi” as physical and intellectual space.
“what you think belongs to you, what you say belongs to the public”. Everything that I have learned of the course has further point that education is the great equalizer. Freshman Seminar made the first semester and easier transition because it united the Freshman class, and created something that we would all have in common. Freshman seminar is a starting place, that has helped with my transition to the second semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment