Sunday, November 27, 2011

Semester Reflection

My first semester at Howard University was definitely one to remember. I've met a variety of people and had a few great and not so great experiences.
At the beginning of the semester my first blog was about how I couldn't see this course as holding any value in my life. I said that it would be a complete waste of my time. After taking the course, however, I must argue that the reverse is true. Despite being seemingly inconvenient, this course opened my mind to several different ways of thinking. For example, I understand many of my daily actions here at Howard as mbongis. Many aspects of the class can be converted to having legitimate purposes in one's daily life.
Throughout my time at Howard University, I have made what I hope to be lifelong friends. Everyone always told me that networking would be a valuable skill when I came here, and they were right.
Overall, I'm glad I chose the Mecca, despite having other opportunities. I'm honored to spend the next 3.5 years of my life here.
Princess Jenkins-Simlin

No comments:

Post a Comment