Sunday, October 23, 2011

Amber Spencer: Homecoming

Homecoming week just occurred, and I must say that it was a very exciting week! Unfortunately due to a busy schedule with homework assignments and club meetings I was not able to attend everything that was offered. The events I did attend were fun though! The fact that it was my first homecoming as an actual Howard student made the entire week exciting. It was awesome to see the entire school filled with so much spirit and pride. I never got into homecoming back at home, but seeing all of the energy and excitement that Howard offered actually made me excited for homecoming. It made me feel like a true member of the Howard University family. Seeing so many people coming out to the Howard Homecoming helped me to realize how major homecoming is for the students, families, and others as well! This year's homecoming made me feel like homecoming really is supposed to mean coming home, and by Saturday night I truly felt that Howard University was my home. Homecoming was an amazing experience that helped me understand the meaning of "coming home."

No comments:

Post a Comment