Sunday, October 2, 2011

Eloquence of the Scribes- Princess

To become a part of the "best and brightest", I will do my best to excel here at Howard. I feel as though I've already made a leap in the right direction just by attending such a prestigious, historically black institution. I'm already aiming for a 4.0 GPA. I had a consistent 3.2-3.5 GPA in high school and now I want to achieve more than I ever have. To be a citizen of the world is to be an educated member of society who attempts to make the world a better place. An important aspect of being a world citizen is to recognize the importance of progress. Being a citizen in the nation as compared to being a citizen of the world has made me realize all of the work that still needs to be done, not only in the United States, but across the land. I'm not sure what is meant by a "representative thinker", but if I had to pick someone, it would be Dr. Abdul Karim Bangura. Every class he questions my traditional values of society. In an early Freshman Seminar presentation, one of the speakers spoke about advancing versus transforming knowledge. I believe Dr. Bangura is one of those people who transforms knowledge, which is why I look forward to his classes.

Princess Jenkins-Simlin

No comments:

Post a Comment