Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sierra Williams- Eloquence of the Scribes

To be the best Howard scholar, I know that I must take all of my work seriously; and that I cannot achieve my goals without hard work. I strive to obtain a 4.0 GPA. Being involved in my own future, and the future of others will help me contribute to the Howard legacy. Working on areas that need improvement is also key to becoming the best and the brightest. To be a citizen of the world means to acknowledge the existence, and taking responsibility for what goes on around you. To be a citizen means that you have rights, but there are also rules to abide by. My citizenship in the nation will inform my world citizenry because based of the opportunities that I am afforded in America; I know that I have the potential to help the global community. I think a representative thinker that has inspired me is Patricia Bath, M.D. She is an opthamologist, the first African- American woman doctor to receive a patent for a medical invention. Her life’s work inspires me to till and turn over the soil, because I aspire to be a medical doctor, and from a long time ago it wasn’t possible for everyone. Even though it is a competitive field, if you work hard enough you can achieve your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment