Sunday, October 2, 2011

Being a Howard student and World Student: Trey Lasane

As a student, I want to embark on a journey that leads to the future of energy in America. I believe energy will be a key resource for our nation as we move forward with technology. Our environment, economy, and foreign relations can all be improved with a little dedication towards renewable energy. I will be the best and brightest at Howard by forming my own organization: Future Energy of America.

A citizen of the world has strong nationalism but at the same time accounts for people everywhere. As we recognize how America was formed and aided by other nations, we must be a part of the help in other nations around the world. The United States simply couldn't stand by and watch Quaddafi stop the formation of a democracy. We couldn't sit back and watch the tragedy in Darfur. We proudly stand as a United nation, but we must be our brother's keeper to other countries just how others have done for us. Being a citizen of the world means that you care for more than just your own country.

For my Howard role model, I look no further than my Commandant of Cadets 1st Lt Baynard. Lieutenant Baynard has demonstrated superior during her Howard tenure as well as her leadership as a member of the cadre at Howard University. She has showed me that it takes more than brains to be a successful Howard student. Lt Baynard shows power of will and sets the example for everyone in the detachment.

No comments:

Post a Comment