Sunday, October 2, 2011

K'ara Locke- Eloquence of the Scribes

To be the “best and brightest” of Howard be pushing to excel in every course I take. I came Washington with the mindset that I was going to leave with a 4.0. But I won’t top there, I will work hard to make myself well rounded and aware of the world around me. This way I will know how I can be the change I want to see.

To be a citizen of the world to me means to be aware that there is a whole other world outside of the one I live in and know. And to know that I have to help change it and help make it into what everyone wants it to be. As a world citizen, I have to truly understand the importance of progress. My citizenship in the nation informs my world citizenry because I realize how much we have already done, is no where near enough, compared to what we still have to do to make the world all be on one accord.

I know Thurgood Marshall is going way back in time but I know that he had “to till and turn over” a lot “soil” to get where he got in the time that he lived in. Thurgood Marshall, although he chose a career opposite of the one I am pursuing, he inspires me to keep pushing and try my hardest at everything because if he could achieve all that he did at the time that he did, then I should be able to do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment